As a group we surveyed this text.
After scanning the article for key words and ideas we came up with the following key parts.
-Cheese rolling tradition
-Despite official ban
– Why do they have a cheese rolling competition?
– Where is Gloucestershire?
– What is an incline?
– Do people get injured?
– What is a special catcher?
Read the text – Main ideas
– Men in England run down a steep hill after cheese.
– Cheese rolling is an old tradition from the 1800s.
– It is dangerous, it has been banned.
– Particpants are often injured.
– Special catchers help the people falling down the hill.