Your homework for this week is to complete another 100 word challenge. The aim of the 100 word challenges is to improve your descriptive writing and ensure you are forming an image in readers minds. You will need to make sure you are using the powerful language that has been taught in class such as:
– Adjectives (descriptive words)
– Synonyms (using better words and replacing boring words)
– Emotive words (feeling words)
– Snapshots (explains what can be seen, heard, smelt, felt and tasted)
– Similes (compares something to another object or thing)
– Complex sentence (A descriptive sentence that includes more than one action)
Use the image below to write a descriptive piece of writing that can be any genre. You may choose to write a snapshot, an informative piece on tsunamis, a short fictional descriptive recount or another genre that you think will suit the image.
Before you post, make sure you have read your work and checked that it makes sense, is descriptive and fixed up any punctuation and grammar errors.