Today for reading you will get most of the session to independently read or respond to your independent book. While reading you should aim to:
– Use comprehension strategies to understand your text.
– Think about what reading response you will do on the book you are reading.
– Track your thinking while you are reading.
– Ensure your independent reading book is appropriate for your reading level.
When responding you will need to:
– Structure your response correctly and include a title, author and SL1S.
– Make sure your response shows an understanding of the book and different comprehension strategies.
– Support any opinions or inferences with evidence.
If any students have not yet finished their SQ3R on Running With The Bulls, they will need to do that today.
Were you a successful reader today? Why/why not?