Our class and blog have been entered into a blog challenge. This is the first week and below are the challenges that we must complete before Thursday.
Activity 1. You might like to write a poem about yourself, create or update an about me/us page or post. Remember to be internet safe and not add any personal information.
Creating your about me page in steps for Edublogs users
- Login to your blog.
- Go to Pages > All Pages
- Hover your mouse over the Same Page title and click Edit.
- Change the title to About Me or something similar.
- Remember to also edit the permalink to About then OK.
- If you only have one row of icons above the box, click on the last icon called the kitchen sink. This opens a second row which allows you to change font colours and to insert from a word document.
- In the box, write a bit about yourself remembering to be internet safe. Make sure you have checked out the pages from other students mentioned – many of them have been blogging for a while.
- When you have finished click the big blue button on the right side of your screen – probably says Update.
Here are some examples to check out, but be creative.
- Jake’s bio poem (Jake is one of our student mentors)
- Jake’s updated about me page
- Jess’s about page
- Rio’s bio poem and Zylah’s poem using wordle
- Mrs Amri’s class page
- 3/4/5H also give you ideas for an autobiographical poem to create
- Mrs Donofrio explains the name of their blog
- Teegan’s slideshare about herself
- Harry wrote a list of facts about himself
- create a Voki like the students in this class have
Activity 2. Introduce your class, school, family using another page or post. Maybe go outside to take photos of your school or neighbourhood to include in a slideshow on the about me/us page.
Activity 3. You are going to start getting visitors to your blog. Do you have some questions you would like them to answer? Write a post asking questions for your visitors to answer about themselves.