I am away today as I’ve got a pretty sick little girl at home to look after. Our grade is going to be split amongst the senior unit, so you must make sure you are on your very best behaviour and work very hard.
Read what you have to do today.
8:45 – 9:45 ICT
9:45 – 10:45 MATHS ROTATIONS
THINGS TO WORK ON TODAY – YOU MAY JOIN IN WITH THE OTHER CLASSES OR WORK ON THE TASKS BELOW. REMEMBER YOU HAVE SOME PIECES OF WORK THAT MUST BE COMPLETED BY TODAY – INCLUDING YOUR 100WC AND SYNTHESISING RESPONSE TO THE FIGHTER…. I WILL BE CHOOSING THREE 100WC TO GO ONTO THE BLOG LATER THIS AFTERNOON.
- Complete your synthesising response on the ‘The Fighter’ lyrics. This response must have a title, author, SL1S, synthesizing wheel and a written response, which will include your opinions/thinking or inferences with evidence.
- Once completed, you will be able to work on your independent reading and should choose a particular comprehension strategy/reading response to focus on while reading. For example if you choose an OWI, you will need to work on determining important parts of the text, asking questions and inferring. You may choose to work on your own synthesising response.
LI: To be able to engage a reader through the use of powerful language.
- Think how you can make your writing more engaging – powerful language, correct grammar, interesting topic/story line/characters, ensuring our writing makes sense, etc
- You can then work on your own independent writing. Most of you will need to work on your 100 word challenges (The topic/prompt is on the blog) and then you’ll need to post it to the blog. Everyone will need to thoroughly revise and proofread prior to posting. If you have completed your 100 word challenge, continue on your own independent writing (own choice of topic and genre). You will need to ensure you are working towards the learning intention and will need to follow the writing process.
- You will be able to spend some time on writing comments on the blog or reading other students work on the blog. Find posts that you have not written a comment for. You will need they to make sure you check everything you write before posting and if leaving feedback to other students, will need to write down two positive things they have done and one piece of constructive feedback. I have also added a new look and learn task that you will be able to complete during this session.
- You will all need to choose your best 100 word challenge that you have completed this term and print it out for the unit’s writing completion.
Have a good day!