For this week’s homework you are going to use a piece of writing to look at powerful language. Your homework will be due on Monday 15th of September.
Read the 100 word challenge and complete the tasks below.
During the dull afternoon, as the old rusty gates slowly open, the zealous crowd roars in delight from the balconies above. The raging bulls charge towards us, exponentially building their speed and anger with every step they take. A wave of nerves sweep over me as I feel the unstable ground rumble like a devastating earthquake.
I try and sprint away from the massive bulls that chase me with their deadly horns and powerful bodies. Around me, people are recklessly screaming and running frantically, trying to avoid the stampeding bulls. What I thought was going to be an exciting challenge, is turning out to be a disastrous nightmare.
- Make a list of all of the adjectives:
- Write down a tier two word and its meaning from the piece of writing:
- Write down the simile used in this piece of writing:
- Try and write your own simile for stampeding bulls by comparing it to something else. The stampeding bulls charged towards us like…
- Write three synonyms for the word devastating.