Today we are going to continue to work on our descriptive writing. We are going to use the writing ‘A cold winter’s day’ to write a snapshot.
To complete a successful piece of writing, we need to:
– Follow the writing process.
– Unpack a seed by using our senses (select 4 of the following – see, feel, hear, taste, smell, wonder and imagine). For the seed imagine you are standing outside on a freezing cold day.
– Use adjectives, similes, synonyms, wow words and the senses.
– Write a snapshot… 1 moment.
– Proofread and revise your work.