Graphs are used to present data. It is very important to be able to read graphs so you can learn information about the days being presented.
When reading graphs you need to:
– Look at what type of graph it is.
– Know what the topic/data is by reading headings, labels and keys.
– Look at the axis and scales and see what the scale is counting by.
– Look at and read keys to learn important information about a graph.
Today you will pick one of the graphs below and interpret the graph and learn information about the data that has been presented. There are two types of graphs below: bar graphs and pie graphs.
Look at a graph and complete the following tasks in your maths journal…
– Write the title of your graph.
– Write the type of graph you are looking at.
– Explain the most common piece of data in the graph and the total amount of that data.
– Explain the least common piece of days in the graph and the total amount of that data.