For this week’s homework you are going to complete a short snapshot based on the image below. Remember a snapshot piece of writing is based on one moment and needs to include the following:
- Senses – What you can see, hear, feel, taste and smell.
- Adjectives to describe nouns
- Similes to add description
- Synonyms to replace boring words (example: scared > terrified, happy > ecstatic)
- Emotive words to explain feelings
- Hook the reader in by having an exciting and interesting opening sentence
- Attempts to correctly spell unknown words by stretching out the sounds in the words.