When we write a persuasive piece of writing, it must be structured and convincing.
This term we are focusing on using the following in our persuasive writing:
- Powerful hook-ins with a clear opinion
- Synonyms to replace boring words
- Emotive words to explain feelings
- Strong persuasive devices
- Questions to make the reader think
- Strong arguments that are very well supported with evidence and examples
- A conclusion with a restated opinion and call to action
- Structured paragraphs
Click on the example above and think about whether this piece of writing has been well-structured and if it is persuasive.