Steven Bradbury was a speed skater and had won a bronze medal at a previous Olympic Games in a speed skating relay. In 2002 the Winter Olympics were held in Salt Lake City, Canada. Prior to these games, Australia had never won an Olympic gold medal at the Winter Olympics. At the conclusion of the games, Australia had won two gold medals. Steven Bradbury was Australia’s first Winter Olympics gold medalist. The way he won the race was amazing. Watch the videos carefully, listen to his story and respond in detail to the tasks that follow the video.
– Describe the finish of the race.
– Explain how Steven Bradbury would have felt during the race.
– Explain how Steven Bradbury would have felt at the end of the race.
– Describe how the other competitors would have felt.
– Do think this is a dangerous sport? Explain your answer.