Your poster must have the following headings/information…
- Title/Question > How can poaching/introduced species/deforestation/diseases be stopped?
- Definition: Explain what your focus area is…
- Your endangered animal: Facts about your animal (What is it? Appearance, Habitat, Diet, Important Facts)
- Impact that the focus area has on the animal: Explain how poaching/introduced species/deforestation/diseases impact your endangered animal.
- Call to action: Clear and easy to read statement, telling people how it can be stopped. Explain your focus area.
- YOU MUST DRAFT YOUR POSTER AND HAVE IT CHECKED BY AN ADULT BEFORE PUBLISHING.
Your poster needs to be easily read and look great… To do this you should do the following…
- Colour that is related to your topic
- Images related to your topic.
Today we are going to learn about deforestation and how it has impacted species around the world. We will then complete a task that shows our understanding about deforestation.
Today we are going to learn about poaching. We will use the links below and then complete the tasks based on poaching.
Tiger temples in Thailand are very popular attractions for tourists, who are able to pay money to have close encounters with tigers.
Last week, authorities raided a Tiger Temple in the capital city of Thailand and what they discovered was shocking.
Together we will read the following article about the discovery in the Tiger Temple.
The picture above shows part of the terrible discovery at the Thailand Tiger Temple
Many people pay money to see tigers close up. The tigers in the Tiger Temples are not treated well. Many are drugged and their enclosures are nothing like their natural habitat.
For your look and learn task today you will respond to the following tasks in as much detail as possible.
- Describe what was discovered in the Thailand Tiger Temple.
- After reading the text, describe how you feel about the Tiger Temple in Thailand.
- Explain why you think the Tiger Temple have killed tigers and tiger cubs.
- Explain how you think the public can stop the poaching and illegal trading of tiger parts.
Today we are going to complete a look and learn task based on orang-utans. Watch the video clip very carefully and then with a partner you will complete the tasks below in as much detail as possible. Remember to read through your post before sending and ensure what you have written makes sense.
– Explain the main ideas from the video clip.
– Explain what is making the orang-utans endangered.
– Describe what may happen to orang-utans if something is not done to stop deforestation.
– Explain how orang-utans can be saved.
– Describe how this video made you feel and why it made you feel that way.