Your poster must have the following headings/information…
- Title/Question > How can poaching/introduced species/deforestation/diseases be stopped?
- Definition: Explain what your focus area is…
- Your endangered animal: Facts about your animal (What is it? Appearance, Habitat, Diet, Important Facts)
- Impact that the focus area has on the animal: Explain how poaching/introduced species/deforestation/diseases impact your endangered animal.
- Call to action: Clear and easy to read statement, telling people how it can be stopped. Explain your focus area.
- YOU MUST DRAFT YOUR POSTER AND HAVE IT CHECKED BY AN ADULT BEFORE PUBLISHING.
Your poster needs to be easily read and look great… To do this you should do the following…
- Colour that is related to your topic
- Images related to your topic.
When we read it is very important we find and understand the most important parts of a text…
To do this we must:
- Think about what you are reading
- Think about what you want to learn about
- Sound out and clarify unknown words
- Re-word the important facts in our own words
KEY OBSERVATIONS AND MY OWN WORDS
Tiger temples in Thailand are very popular attractions for tourists, who are able to pay money to have close encounters with tigers.
Last week, authorities raided a Tiger Temple in the capital city of Thailand and what they discovered was shocking.
Together we will read the following article about the discovery in the Tiger Temple.
The picture above shows part of the terrible discovery at the Thailand Tiger Temple
Many people pay money to see tigers close up. The tigers in the Tiger Temples are not treated well. Many are drugged and their enclosures are nothing like their natural habitat.
For your look and learn task today you will respond to the following tasks in as much detail as possible.
- Describe what was discovered in the Thailand Tiger Temple.
- After reading the text, describe how you feel about the Tiger Temple in Thailand.
- Explain why you think the Tiger Temple have killed tigers and tiger cubs.
- Explain how you think the public can stop the poaching and illegal trading of tiger parts.
Today we are going to complete a look and learn task based on deforestation. In our inquiry unit we have identified deforestation as a reason why some species are becoming endangered.
Carefully watch the video below and then complete the look to learn task with a partner.
Respond to these tasks in detail.
– Explain what deforestation is.
– Describe how deforestation can make some species endangered.
– Why does deforestation happen?
– What animals do you think are affected by deforestation?
Make sure you read your post very carefully before posting.