Today the students received their reading homework, which will be completed every second week. On the alternate week the students will complete their homework via the grade’s blog.
Students will complete their reading homework in an exercise book that they took home today, which also has a list of questions for a fiction book and a non-fiction book. The students must complete one question and hand their book in on Fridays with their reader so it can be corrected. If students want to complete more than one question, they are more than welcome to.
This week for homework you will add adjectives to a list of nouns below to describe the nouns.
Your homework will be due by this Friday.
Adjectives help our writing by making it more exciting and engaging.
Example: house – haunted house… Haunted is the adjective and house is the noun.
Rewrite these nouns with an adjective in front of them.
You may write your homework as a post on the blog or use a printed sheet of paper to neatly write your homework.
If you are posting on the blog remember to check your post carefully, write your name and use your email address from class. Your address will be firstname.lastname@example.org
Example: Riley’s email is email@example.com
For this week’s homework you are going to write 3 interesting sentences with our ‘wow word’ of the week in each sentence.
Our word is demolished…
This term for word work we have been looking at using synonyms to replace boring words to make our writing more interesting to read.
Re-write the following sentences. Replace the boring words (the underlined words) with a synonym to make the sentence sound more exciting.
- The big dog walked around happily in the house.
- The sad man lost the game.
- The big group of students were happy when the loud bell went.
- The fast cheetah ran after its prey.
- I jumped into the cold pool.
For this week’s homework, use the pictures below to find the area of the shapes below. Remember the area is the space inside a 2D shape. For an extra challenge, see if you can work out the perimeter of the 3 shapes.
How many grids are there in the 3 shapes below?
For homework this week you will complete a reflection for this term’s inquiry.
- Explain in detail what you learnt about schools around the world.
- Describe your call of action and explain what needs to be done to improve education around the world.
For this week’s homework you are going to complete a short snapshot based on the image below. Remember a snapshot piece of writing is based on one moment and needs to include the following:
- Senses – What you can see, hear, feel, taste and smell.
- Adjectives to describe nouns
- Similes to add description
- Synonyms to replace boring words (example: scared > terrified, happy > ecstatic)
- Emotive words to explain feelings
- Hook the reader in by having an exciting and interesting opening sentence
- Attempts to correctly spell unknown words by stretching out the sounds in the words.