Today we will think about the differences between important facts and interesting facts. We are going to use the text base on flies from the Minibeast Wildlife website. This website also has some very good information on other minibeasts that you may be able to use for your information report.
Today we are going to use your calls to action to make a pitch that will be presented at expo. We will watch a video clip that tells you how to make a pitch.
When we make a pitch we must:
- Use our calls to action to make a ‘catchy headline!’
- Think of 3 key terms that support your call to action and headline.
- Three short paragraphs which explains your 3 key terms.Use
Your poster must have the following headings/information…
- Title/Question > How can poaching/introduced species/deforestation/diseases be stopped?
- Definition: Explain what your focus area is…
- Your endangered animal: Facts about your animal (What is it? Appearance, Habitat, Diet, Important Facts)
- Impact that the focus area has on the animal: Explain how poaching/introduced species/deforestation/diseases impact your endangered animal.
- Call to action: Clear and easy to read statement, telling people how it can be stopped. Explain your focus area.
- YOU MUST DRAFT YOUR POSTER AND HAVE IT CHECKED BY AN ADULT BEFORE PUBLISHING.
Your poster needs to be easily read and look great… To do this you should do the following…
- Clear and neat writing.
- Colour that is related to your topic
- Images related to your topic.
- Horizontal writing
- Bold headings
- Correct punctuation
- Possible border
Today we are going to learn about a fourth reason why species become endangered and/or extinct.
What is an introduced specie?
Diseases are another reason why some species are endangered.
A disease is an
Today we are going to learn about deforestation and how it has impacted species around the world. We will then complete a task that shows our understanding about deforestation.