When we work on Inquiry tasks it requires lots of research. Today we are going to use the links below to research information about Australia. When researching from the Internet we need to read information carefully and record the information that we think is important.
We will learn important features about Australia such as:
- Capital cities
- Australian & Aboriginal flag
Use these links to complete your Australian Research Inquiry tasks.
Today we are going to do some synthesising about bushfires with the use of a video about Black Saturday.
You will need to record before, during and after thinking.
Our first Inquiry focus area for term 4 is cyclones.
CYCLONE FACTS AND INFORMATION
What does it mean for a species to be endangered?
Today we are going to discuss and learn about endangered mini-beasts.
In your Inquiry Journal book, prepare a seed that explains your learning.
You must have:
- A title
- A definition of endangered
- Name any mini-beast you know as being endangered.
- Give reasons why some mini-beasts become endangered.
One of our focus areas this term looks at how mini-beasts can benefit the environment and humans. Today we are going to learn how different mini-beasts can be helpful.
Watch the videos below and take some notes on what type of mini-beasts can be helpful and how they can benefit the environment or humans.
Last week every group planned a way in which they were going to present their call of action…
Some groups are making a poster, PowerPoint, model, performance, a design for a special room, etc.
You and your partner must know what you are doing/making for your call of action.
Today you are going to plan your design. In your Inquiry Journal books you will need to complete the following:
- Heading > My Call To Action Plan
- Write your call to action
- Write what you are designing (ie: poster, etc)
- Draw, label and describe in detail what is going to be on your design. Your plan should show exactly what it will look like. It will have labels and must support your call to action.
- A list of materials that you will need to complete your design.
- If your design is not clear enough, you will need to re-design it. So take your time, do not rush and plan it properly.
Hydration is very important… it helps keep us healthy and happy.