Steven Bradbury was a speed skater and had won a bronze medal at a previous Olympic Games in a speed skating relay. In 2002 the Winter Olympics were held in Salt Lake City, Canada. Prior to these games, Australia had never won an Olympic gold medal at the Winter Olympics. At the conclusion of the games, Australia had won two gold medals. Steven Bradbury was Australia’s first Winter Olympics gold medalist. The way he won the race was amazing. Watch the videos carefully, listen to his story and respond in detail to the tasks that follow the video.
– Describe the finish of the race.
– Explain how Steven Bradbury would have felt during the race.
– Explain how Steven Bradbury would have felt at the end of the race.
– Describe how the other competitors would have felt.
– Do think this is a dangerous sport? Explain your answer.
Last week we bagan to understand the Olympic Games and its importance throughout the world. Today you are going to use the videos to complete a descriptive look and learn task.
– Explain what the Olympic Games are.
– Explain how the athletes would feel to compete for their country at the Olympics.
– Explain how the atletes feel after they have won a competition.
– Describe the noise from the crowd during the Sydney Olympic games in 2000.
– Describe how Cathy Freeman felt after her race.
Tiger temples in Thailand are very popular attractions for tourists, who are able to pay money to have close encounters with tigers.
Last week, authorities raided a Tiger Temple in the capital city of Thailand and what they discovered was shocking.
Together we will read the following article about the discovery in the Tiger Temple.
The picture above shows part of the terrible discovery at the Thailand Tiger Temple
Many people pay money to see tigers close up. The tigers in the Tiger Temples are not treated well. Many are drugged and their enclosures are nothing like their natural habitat.
For your look and learn task today you will respond to the following tasks in as much detail as possible.
- Describe what was discovered in the Thailand Tiger Temple.
- After reading the text, describe how you feel about the Tiger Temple in Thailand.
- Explain why you think the Tiger Temple have killed tigers and tiger cubs.
- Explain how you think the public can stop the poaching and illegal trading of tiger parts.
Today we are going to complete a look and learn task based on orang-utans. Watch the video clip very carefully and then with a partner you will complete the tasks below in as much detail as possible. Remember to read through your post before sending and ensure what you have written makes sense.
– Explain the main ideas from the video clip.
– Explain what is making the orang-utans endangered.
– Describe what may happen to orang-utans if something is not done to stop deforestation.
– Explain how orang-utans can be saved.
– Describe how this video made you feel and why it made you feel that way.
Today we are going to watch a video about animal trophy hunting. Watch the video carefully and at the end of the video you will need to explain whether trophy hunting should be legal or illegal with some evidence.
Today we are going to complete a look and learn task based on deforestation. In our inquiry unit we have identified deforestation as a reason why some species are becoming endangered.
Carefully watch the video below and then complete the look to learn task with a partner.
Respond to these tasks in detail.
– Explain what deforestation is.
– Describe how deforestation can make some species endangered.
– Why does deforestation happen?
– What animals do you think are affected by deforestation?
Make sure you read your post very carefully before posting.
Over the past 2-3 years, shark attacks have become more common. Many dangerous sharks are protected species, meaning they cannot be caught and killed by fisherman. Many people believe that sharks should be killed because they are becoming more dangerous and in Western Australia, they have started culling sharks if they get to too close the shore.
Many other people believe sharks should not be culled for a variety of reasons.
Look at the images, watch the video clips and then provide detailed answers to the tasks below in a blog comment.
Describe why there has been more shark attacks recently..
Explain why some people think sharks should be culled…
Describe why many people think sharks should be left alone…
What is your opinion? Do you think sharks should be culled? Why/Why not?