Look and very carefully at these images and answer the tasks in detail.
– Describe what is happening in the images.
– Explain why the crocodile would do this?
– How would the elephant be feeling? Why?
Today the senior unit held their inquiry expo based on the changing earth. The students did an excellent job, showing off their web-sites, glogsters, mind-maps, videos, science experiments and science reports. Below are some images from the day.
Look carefully at the image below and complete the tasks in detail.
– Where in the world do you think this is? Why?
– Describe what you see in the photo using powerful language?
– What would it be like to live here? Why?
Choose one of the following pictures and complete the following tasks. Make sure you are very descriptive in your writing.
– Explain what you see and hear.
– What would it be like to be in this situation?
Think about writing a 100 word challenge for one of these pictures.
Today the grade 5/6s were involved in a fantastic African drumming performance. Below is a video and images of the performance.
Describe what you thought about the African drumming performance.
What did you like? Why?
Explain if you learnt anything.
Today we had another ‘lunch with the teachers.’ Two students from each senior unit class, who have had perfect attendance and behaviour for a week, are rewarded with a special lunch with the teachers and aides from the senior unit.
A highlight of today’s lunch was Mr Andrew’s home-made party pies. They were excellent. Miss Cook’s piñata cake was pretty good too.
A reminder that the school photos are tomorrow. Make sure you have returned your envelope if want photos and you MUST wear school uniform. I might even get a haircut for the occasion.