Today is Remembrance Day and we are going to use our synthesising skills to learn about the importance and meaning of Remembrance Day.
Today we are going to have a go at using at 100wc.net prompt to write a very descriptive piece of writing.
The prompt is …I heard them before I saw them…
This prompt must be included in your writing somewhere!
Your writing could be a short descriptive story or a snapshot.
- What is your writing going to be about?
- Where is the setting?
- Who are the characters?
- Will it end in suspense?
- How will you start your writing to hook in readers?
- What powerful words will use?
To complete this piece of writing, we will follow the writing process and unpack a small seed to help give us some ideas. After we have finished the seed, we’ll go onto a draft.
Today we will determine importance from a text based on scorpions. We attempt to find three key words to help up locate the most important facts.
- Read the text based on the shark.
- Identify and try to clarify challenging words (remember there is a glossary).
- Answer the quiz questions in sentences inside your reading response book (remember to use a heading).